Penkridge Parish Council
Haling Dene Centre
2nd December 2022
To: Members of the Penkridge Parish Council
I write to invite you to attend a meeting of the Penkridge Parish Council to be held on Thursday 8th December 2022 at 7.30 pm.
Part I – Public Session
Audio recordings will be made of all Ordinary and Special Council meetings and Committee meetings, with the inclusion of confidential matters.
2. PERSONALIA AND EVENTS
[a] To receive the above for December 2022.
[b] Members of the Council and Public in attendance to declare if they are video/audio recording the meeting.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
4. DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTEREST (DPI)
To receive and consider any DPI requests.
5. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
As per Standing Orders – Public Participation 7.3[a], 33.5, 33.6, 33.7 and 33.8 [attached]
6. SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE & STAFFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
[a] To receive updates/reports from the above Councillors.
7. POLICE MATTERS
[a] To receive a Police report if available.
[b] To receive an email dated 26th November from Staffordshire Police with regard to vehicles contravening the weight restrictions in the village and to note this has been passed to Cllr Lenz to respond.
[a] To approve the minutes of the Full Council meeting of the 10th November 2022.
[b] To receive the Follow Up Sheets for Full Council, Haling Dene Management and Recreation and Amenities.
9. COMMITTEE MINUTES
To note the minutes of the:-
[a] Planning Minutes for 10th November 2022.
10. WORKING GROUP MINUTES
To note that no minutes have been received.
11. OUTSIDE GROUPS WITH PC REPRESENTATION
[a] To receive the Penkridge Sports and Recreation Centre minutes of 5th September.
[a] To approve the accounts for payment for the month of November 2022.
[b] To receive the expenditure summary print outs for November 2022.
[c] To note the November Monthly Summary of Accounts and Pie Chart for the website.
13 . CASUAL VACANCIES
[a] To receive and consider applications for Co-Option to the Levedale Ward.
14. HALING DENE CENTRE
[a] To receive the attached email from Carnell with regard to having a Food Bank at the Haling Dene Centre for the Cannock and District Food Bank and Trussell Trust.
[b] To consider holding a Pantomime for 2023, Snow White, at a cost of £1,799 by M & M Productions and the ticket cost to be £10.00 per person.
[c] To consider relocating the bench in the Haling Dene rear grounds in memory of the late Bevan Craddock due to youth gathering.
[d] To note the Council are having a Warm Space on Monday, 5th, Friday 9th, Monday 12th and Monday 19th December.
[e] Following only two Councillors attending the Kings Coronation Working Group meeting Council to decide if they wish to hold any events and if so to arrange a date when all Councillors can attend.
15. COUNCIL MEETING
[a] To consider having future Council meetings in Room 16 so Room 1 can be used each Thursday evening increasing the room hire cost for the year by approximately £2,000.
16. SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE COUNCIL – LOCAL PLAN PUBLIC CONSIULTATION
To receive and consider the suggested response, emailed to Councillors, for the above with the closing date being 23rd December 2022.
17. STAFFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
To receive and consider an email dated 22nd November from the SCC Head of Planning Policy and Enabling with regard to Penkridge Engagement.
18. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
[a] To receive an update on the above from Council representatives.
19. WEST MIDLAND INTERCHANGE
To receive and consider an email dated 22nd November from the South Staffordshire Council Development Management in relation to the Stage 1 tree, hedgerow and vegetation clearance.
20. GRANTS AND DONATIONS
[a] To receive and consider a grant application from a resident of Riverview to have a Defibrillator fitted installed at Riverview and the grant amount is £1,000.
21. NOTICE OF MOTION
To receive and consider the below Notice of Motion from Cllr Sam Harper-Wallis:
Motion for the Parish Council to revive the Civic Award (cancelled this year) under a new event named “Penkridge Community Champions” and to implement the following:
· Penkridge Parish Council to host a community event in the Haling Dene for the Penkridge Community Champion 2023 Awards in the first quarter of 2023.
· The event to be hosted in the evening
· Entertainment to be sourced and provided, ideally targeting community groups.
· Refreshments and light buffet to be provided
· Parish Council to approach potential sponsors for the overall event and then sponsors for the individual awards in order to provide refreshments and entertainment for attendees.
· Parish Council to create an awarding group to vote on potential winners, open to all councillors to join.
· Parish Council to open up for nominations for the following awards:
· Good Neighbour Award – Someone who has gone over and above for their neighbours; generally being someone the neighbourhood couldn’t do without.
· Contribution to Community Safety – Any group, school, club, business or individual whose actions have a positive impact on community safety locally, helping to raise awareness and reduce crime in our communities.
· Community Business – A company or sole-trader whose business initiatives and outlook makes a difference to their local communities.
· Young Achiever – A young person aged 25 or under who has shown amazing bravery or excelled in any way, perhaps under adversity, through leadership or in pioneering a community project.
· Longstanding contribution – An individual who has contributed a huge amount of their time and effort to a single charity, club, group or organisation.
· Community Spirit – An individual or group who gives outstanding personal service to the community through hard work, dedication and commitment.
· Parish Council to deploy a new awards website here https://sites.google.com/view/penkridgecommunitychampions/home – to collect nominations and provide information.
· Penkridgecommunityaward.co.uk – domain to be purchased and applied to the draft site (£10).
· Parish Council to start to approach organisations and the community for nominations of the above wards. Via the following methods:
· Social Media
· Notice Boards
· Direct Messages to all known community groups
· Councillor Engagement
· Parish Council to organise a mobile bar provider for the event
· Parish Council to approve a covering budget of £1000 for the event, however this should only be used to cover costs not able to be covered by sponsors.
· Parish Council to implement a directory of contact information, containing all community groups on the new parish website.
22. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 12th January 2023 at 7.30 pm.
23. Local Government Act 1972 – Exclusion of Press and Public – to resolve that the Press and Public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business on the grounds that they are likely to involve the disclosure of exempt information as defined in the appropriate paragraph(s) Section 1 Public Bodies/Admission to meetings Act 1960.
Penkridge Parish Council