Penkridge Parish Council
Haling Dene Centre
21st October 2022
To: Members of the Haling Dene Management Committee
I write to invite you to attend a meeting of the Haling Dene Management Committee to be held on Thursday 27th October 2022 at 8.30 pm in Room 16 at the Haling Dene Centre.
Part I – Public Session
Members of the Council and Public in attendance to declare if they are video/audio recording the meeting.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
3 DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTEREST (DPI)
4 . MINUTES
[a] To approve the minutes of the meeting of 28th July 2022 and to consider matters arising therefrom.
[b] To receive the Follow Up Sheets from the July meeting.
[a] To receive the Haling Dene Management printouts for the year to date.
6. COMMITTEE BUDGET 2023/2024
To note the item of improvement/project for the 2023/2024 financial year will be the Ground Floor Ladies and Gents toilets.
7. ROOM HIRE CHARGES – 2022/2023
[a] To consider if the Committee wish to increase the Room Hire Charges for the coming financial year.
8. HALING DENE PLANNED MAINTENACE PROGRAMME YEAR 6
To consider what should be undertaken during Year 6 of the above and how this should be taken forward, taking into account funding available.
9. HALING DENE CENTRE
[a] To note the work to the Boundary Wall is now complete.
[b] To receive the HDC Monthly Inspection Report for October.
[c] To consider removing the majority of the shrubs from the rear border to the patio and replacing with Summer/Winter bedding plants.
[d] To note TJB have been requested to give a date for their yearly maintenance check of the Haling Dene building.
[e] To receive and consider recommendations from DR-IT Services following a Survey of the Centre’s Broadband and connections.
[f] To consider what provisions the Committee could consider to help with Climate change
10. KING’S CHARLES CORONATION
To consider if the Council wish to hold any events for the above weekend 6th and 7th May.
11. GRASS CUTTING AND HORTICULTURAL CONTRACTS
[a] To note the three-year Contract for the above are due to expire on 31st March 2023.
[b] To consider if the Committee wish to extend the Contracts for a further two years.
12. BAR FACILITY
To receive the PA’s report on the above.
13. CHRISTMAS CLOSURE
To note the Haling Dene Centre will close on Wednesday 21st December 2022 and re-open on Tuesday 3rd January 2023 [Public Holidays 2 days and Staff Holidays 5 days].
14. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 26th January 2023 at 7.00 pm.
15. Local Government Act 1972 – Exclusion of Press and Public – to resolve that the Press and Public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business on the grounds that they are likely to involve the disclosure of exempt information as defined in the appropriate paragraph(s) Section 1 Public Bodies/Admission to meetings Act 1960.
Penkridge Parish Council