Penkridge Parish Council
Minutes of the Recreation and Amenities Committee Meeting
held on 23rd May 2019 at 8.30 pm – Haling Dene Centre
Audio recordings will be made of all Ordinary and Special Council meetings and Committee meetings, with the inclusion of confidential matters.
Councillor Mrs Vivienne Smith [Chairman]
“ Victor Kelly [Vice-Chairman]
“ Ms Gail Balance
“ Mrs Isabel G A Ford
“ Mrs Petula M C Hughes
“ Calvert Stonehouse
There were no Non-Committee Members in Attendance
Cllrs Brian Heathcote, Victor Kelly and Anthony Minshall
Also in Attendance Ms L Hough
Apologies were received from Cllrs Andrew Adams, John Eastwood and Andrew Lenz.
1356. CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
[a] There was one nominations put forward and seconded for Chairman; Cllr Mrs Vivienne Smith.
Cllr Mrs Smith accepted the position of Chairman to the Recreation and Amenities Committee.
[b] There was one nomination put forward and seconded for Cllr Victor Kelly to stand as Vice Chairman.
Cllr Kelly accepted the position of Vice Chairman to the Recreation and Amenities Committee.
1357. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no Declarations of Interest.
That the minutes of the meeting of 28th March 2019 be approved as a true and correct record and be signed by the Chairman.
1359. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
There were no matters arising from the Minutes.
1360. INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
[a] It was noted that the Recreation and Amenities printouts for the year to date would be included on the June Full Council agenda.
[b] It was noted that the Burial Ground printouts for the year to date would be included on the June Full Council agenda.
Recreation & Amenities
1361. SUMMER SUSSED 2019
Consideration was given to if the Committee wished to sponsor the South Staffordshire Summer Holiday Scheme 2019 with the half price cost for Penkridge children attending the Programme together with 50% reduction for day time swimming during the Summer holidays.
Resolved that the Council sponsor the above for 2019 and make a contribution of £1,500 to South Staffordshire Council.
1362. GAILEY BUS SHELTER
To receive and consider quotations to have a brick built Bus Shelter, similar to the one adjacent to the Festival Gardens.
Councillors agreed that the Bus Shelter be open fronted and that the size be no larger than 8 ft x 4 ft but the Contractor to confirm the exact measurements.
Resolved that the quotation from Declan Development Limited be accepted at a cost of £4,250.
1363. VICTORIAN FAYRE
Consideration was given to the above and the Chairman’s updated report.
Councillors agreed that the event be held on Saturday 7th December and not Friday 6th as originally considered.
The event would be held between 4.00 pm and 9.00 pm and the PA to draw up a draft Itinerary for the next meeting. The Chairman also asked if there could be an official switch on of the Christmas Lights.
The PA’s Itinerary to include the Traders/Local Charities and Organisations who are taking part, the locations of stalls and traditional fayre.
[i] The Traditional Fayre be held on Saturday 7th December between 4.00 pm and 9.00 pm.
[ii] The PA to draw up an Itinerary for the next meeting which would include the Traders/Local Charities and Organisations who are taking part, the locations of stalls and traditional fayre.
[iii] There be an official Christmas Lighting Switch On.
1364. CHRISTMAS LIGHTING
Consideration was given to how the Committee wished to take the above forward for 2019.
The Committee asked the PA to write to local businesses to ask if they wished to sponsor the Village Christmas Lighting for 2019.
Resolved that there be a Christmas Tree on Crown Bridge Island, the small Christmas Trees in Market Street and the Motiff on the lighting column in Festival Gardens.
1365. VILLAGE ROAD SWEEPING
Consideration was given to an email received dated 8th May from South Staffordshire Council Street Scene Manager with regard to the above.
[i] The PA send out a reminder email to all Councillors asking that they put forward suggested roads they wish to be included in the road sweeping schedule for Penkridge.
[ii] This item be included on the July agenda for further discussion.
1366. LITTER PICK BOARDS
[a] An email was received and considered dated 14th May from South Staffordshire Council’s Community Services advising of the above.
Resolved that the Council do not take up the offer of Litter Pick Boards at this point in time.
1367. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 25th July 2019 at 7.00 pm.
The meeting closed at 9.15 pm
Penkridge Parish Council