Penkridge Parish Council
Minutes of the Recreation and Amenities Committee Meeting
held on 24th October 2019 at 8.30 pm – Haling Dene Centre
Audio recordings will be made of all Ordinary and Special Council meetings and Committee meetings, with the inclusion of confidential matters.
Councillor Mrs Vivienne Smith [Chairman]
“ Victor Kelly [Vice-Chairman]
“ Andrew Adams
“ John Eastwood
“ Mrs Petula M C Hughes
“ Andrew Lenz
“ Calvert Stonehouse
In attendance were Cllr Gordon Hawkins, Antony Minshall and Mrs Helen Sutton
Also in Attendance Ms L Hough
Apologies were received from Cllrs Ms Gail Balance, Mrs Isabel Ford and Alan Smallwood.
1380. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllrs Adams and Lenz declared an interest in Item 7 – Allotments.
That the minutes of the meeting of 5th September 2019 be approved as a true and correct record and be signed by the Chairman.
1382. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
There was no Matters Arising.
1383. INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
[a] The Recreation and Amenities printouts for the year to date were received.
[b] The Burial Ground printouts for the year to date were received.
1384. COMMITTEE BUDGET 2020/2021
Recreation & Amenities
[a] Consideration was given to any items of improvements/projects the Committee wished to put forward for consideration to the October F & R meeting.
Noticeboard on the Lynehill Estate
The Village Map be cleaned
Horsefair Gazebo floor resurfaced
Horsefair surface under some of the equipment be reviewed
[b] Consideration was given to any items of improvements/projects the Committee wished to put forward for consideration to the October F & R meeting.
There were no items for consideration at the present time.
Recreation & Amenities
[a] Consideration was given to increasing the Allotment Rental for 2021.
Resolved that the allotment charge for 2021 be £35.00 per full plot and £17.50 per half plot.
1386. VILLAGE MAINTENANCE
[a] Consideration was given to handing back the two corners of A449/Boscomoor Lane and A449/Bungham Lane back to Staffordshire County Council in April 2020 when the new Maintenance Contracts commence.
Resolved that the two corners be handed back to SCC in April 2020.
[b] Consideration was given to if the Council wished to provide Hanging Baskets for the Village for 2020.
Resolved that the Council provide hanging baskets for the summer of 2020.
[c] Consideration was given to the cost of the hanging baskets for 2020.
Resolved that the Hanging baskets be £30 and the flowers be red, white and blue to commemorate VE 75.
[d] Consideration was given to if the Committee wished to request any additional road sweeping and if so what budget the additional expenditure would come from.
Councillors to send the PA a list of roads they want sweeping and she obtain costs from Burntwood Sweepers. The quotation to include the A449 from Gailey to Dunston.
[i] Councillors to send the PA a list of roads they want sweeping and Burntwood Sweepers be asked to provide costs, the quotation to include the A449 from Gailey to Dunston.
[ii] This item be included on the January 2020 agenda.
[e] Consideration was given to if the Committee wished to have any additional areas weed sprayed and if so what budget the additional expenditure would come from.
[i] Firstly see what impact the road sweeper has had on the gutters
[ii] Councillors to send a list to the PA of suggested areas.
[f] It was noted that this year is the final year for the Skatepark Lease with the Monckton Recreation Centre.
[g] Consideration was given to not renewing the Contract for the Skatepark and handing it back to the Monckton.
Resolved that the Contact not be renewed and the Skatepark be handed back to the Monckton Recreation Centre.
1387. CHRISTMAS LIGHTING
[a] It was noted that the PA had spoken with South Staffordshire Council with regard to grants for the additional cost of the above and they do not give Parish Council’s grants towards the expenditure.
[b] It was noted that local Parish Councils do not supply the Christmas Lighting it is local Parish Organisations.
[c] Consideration was given to what budget the additional cost of £3,500 would be vired from for this year’s lighting.
Resolved that the additional funding to come from the Community Development and Village Maintenance and the virements be approved at the October Finance and Resources meeting.
1388. TRADITONAL VICTORIAN FAYRE
The PA’s update on the above was received.
1389. TABLE OF FEES
[a] It was noted that the Grave Digger was not increasing his fees for 2020/2021.
[b] Consideration was given to if the Committee wished to increase the table of fees for the coming financial year to commence April 2020.
Resolved that the fees increase by 2% from 1st April 2020.
1390. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 23rd January 2020 at 8.30 pm.
The meeting closed at 9.40 pm
Penkridge Parish Council