Penkridge Parish Council
Haling Dene Centre
11th March 2022
To: Members of the Recreation and Amenities Committee
I write to invite you to attend a meeting of the Recreation and Amenities Committee to be held on Thursday 17th March at 8.30 pm at the Haling Dene Centre.
2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
3. DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTEREST (DPI)
To note that no DPIs have been received.
[a] To approve the minutes of the meeting of 27th January 2022 and to consider matters arising therefrom.
[b] To receive the Follow Up sheets from the January Recreation and Amenities meeting.
[a] To receive the Recreation and Amenities printouts for the year to date.
[b] To receive the Burial Ground printouts for the year to date.
Recreation & Amenities
6. VILLAGE MAINTENANCE /MATTERS
[a] To note the Mindful Bench has been ordered and the donations towards the costs from the Parishioner and Round Table have been received.
[b] To note that Davina Dickson has agreed to undertake the artwork wording on the Bench once installed.
[c] To consider having an official unveiling of the Bench.
[d] To note the Francis Green Lane Allotment Gate repair will be undertaken by Penkridge Fencing at a cost of £120.
[e] To consider a quotation from the Council’s plumber, RR Plumbing Services, to provide the materials and connect the upgraded pipe to the taps at a cost of £250, with the Allotment Holders to dig out the old pipe work ready for the installation.
7. PLAY AREAS
[a] To note the PA has applied for a grant from Veolia for the refurbishment of the Horsefair Play Area.
[b] To note Tenders for the upgrade of the Horsefair Play Area will be considered at an additional Recreation and Amenities meeting on 21st April.
8. TRADITONAL VICTORIAN FAYRE
[a] To note the date of the above has been changed to Friday 9th December due to the Traditional Fair not being available on 2nd December.
9. PENKRIDGE COMMUNITY MANAGED LIBRARY
[a] To receive the Notes from the Volunteers meetings of 16th March.
[b] To consider increasing the Petty Cash float for the Library from April 2022.
10. Local Government Act 1972 – Exclusion of Press and Public – to resolve that the Press and Public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business on the grounds that they are likely to involve the disclosure of exempt information as defined in the appropriate paragraph(s) Section 1 Public Bodies/Admission to meetings Act 1960.
11. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 26th May 2022 at 7.00 pm.